Balancing the cleaning function for your espresso machine with the ability to protect the flavor and quality of organic coffee is a real concern. Cafetto addresses that issue by compiling with OMRI (the Organic Materials Review Institute) standards for the USDA National Organic Program. Cafetto Evo is the first espresso machine cleaner to be certified by an organic certification body.
Cafetto Evo Espresso Machine Cleaner comes in 3 sizes: 500g and 1 kg jar, 18 x 5g sachet box.
How To Use
For 500g or 1kg Size:
- Remove the coffee filter from the group handle and swap it out for the "blind" filter.
- For daily cleaning, add 1 level scoop of Evo Espresso Machine Cleaner into the group handle. Insert as if brewing a shot of espresso. NB: If the machine is cleaned less often, use 2 scoops.
- Start the cycle and allow it to run for 10 seconds to dissolve cleaner; stop the cycle and allow it to sit for another 10 seconds.
- Start and stop the cycle 4 more times, running each for 10 seconds and stopping for 10 seconds.
- Remove the group handle and rinse well under hot water from the delivery group. Turn off.
- Re-insert the handle with the blind filter to rinse. Start and stop the cycle 10 times - run for 5 seconds, stop for 2 seconds, ensuring a thorough rinsing. Remove the blind filter and re-insert the regular filter.
- Brew and discard a single espresso to re-season the machine.
For 5g Sachets:
- Remove coffee filter from group handle, and replace with blind filter.
- For daily cleaning add 1 EVO Sachet into the group handle and insert as if brewing espresso. If the machine is cleaned less often, use 2 EVO Sachets.
- Start cycle and allow to run for 10 seconds to dissolve cleaner.
- Stop cycle and allow to sit for 10 seconds.
- Start and stop cycle 4 more times - run for 10 seconds, stop for 10 seconds.
- Remove the group handle and rinse well under stream of water from delivery group. Turn off.
- Re-insert handle with blind filter, start and stop cycle 10 times - run for 5 seconds, stop for 2 seconds to ensure thorough rinsing.
- Remove blind filter and insert regular filter.
- Brew and discard a single espresso to re-season machine.
Procedure to clean filters and group handles
- Soak group handles and filters in 500 mL of hot water with 2 EVO Sachets for 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly in running hot water.
For daily cleaning of filters and group handles
Soak the group handles and filters in 17oz / 500ml of hot water mixed with 2 scoops of EVO Machine Cleaner for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly in running hot water.